The world’s most viewed TED Talk. In GIFs!
I just can’t reblog this enough. If I filled up my tumblr with just this it wouldn’t be enough. Most of all I wish I could tell my immediate family about this because they perpetuate me growing out of creativity -.-
If you haven’t seen this TED Talk, I highly recommend it.
One of the things I’ve really focused on as a parent is making sure my kids know that making lots of mistakes is the best way to learn something new. If you get something on the first try it might be exciting, but you haven’t really learned anything. This is definitely something I was not taught as a child, unfortunately, which made me averse to trying anything new out of a fear of failure. It’s taken me a long time to retrain my thoughts to not take errors as huge blows to my self-confidence.
My kids deserve better. All kids deserve better. ~JJ
Mistakes mean you are trying and that is never wrong.
One of my favorite TED Talk. I’m still in the process of retraining myself to not fear making mistakes.
Why you looking bitter? I be looking better
The type of bitch that make you wish that you ain’t never met her
Lobelia S-to-the-B: so sprezz, so swag, so haute she’ll melt your popsicle.
I am just in love with Lobelia Sackville-Baggins fancying herself as a hot-shit fashionista but actually coming across as ten pounds of “oh honey, no" in a five pound bag. I want the extended edition to have footage of her parading through Hobbiton in her fashion-forward florals, calling everyone out for being basic bitches, harshing on coords, insisting everyone check out her lookbook and throw her some hype, come on you jerks.
I need a whole featurette on the in-universe fashion scene.
I mean, those frocks are obvs Bree Saint Laurent, but is that brolly by Vivian of Westwood or is it vintage Southfarthing couture? Did she scam those hats off a March Hare or what? How’d her layering game get that tight? Girl, what is that flower basket even about, what is your story?
These are the important questions.
HERE TO STAN
Definitely click the read more. This is fantastic! Bahahaha!
I love Wilf! He and Craig are my favorite non-companion companions :)
October 8 an episode that made lol: let’s kill Hitler
This episode may have been the one episode that made me laugh the hardest!
Ok, we are just 50 days away from the November 23rd premiere of The Day of The Doctor.
So we figured, why not start a 50 Day meme.
Each day, make a post answering the day’s question. It can be text, an image, your art, a video — whatever you think best expresses your answer. Post it to your blog with the tag 50 Days of Doctor Who 50th. We’ll go through the tag and reblog some of our favs.
50 Days is a lot of dayage. If you can do all 50, awesome! If you can only do some, do it anyway. The point is to have fun with this.
So let’s begin…
- October 04: Who was your first Doctor?
- October 05: Who is your favorite Companion?
- October 06: Which cast/crew member has the best twitter?
- October 07: Favorite episode?
- October 08: Name an episode that made lol.
- October 09: Invent a new feature for the Sonic Screwdriver.
- October 10: What’s the coolest planet the Doctor’s ever visited?
- October 11: Take a photo of something IRL that you think would be from Doctor Who.
- October 12: Bow ties, fezzes, or stetsons?
- October 13: What’s your favorite Doctor Who-themed youtube video?
- October 14: Name an episode that had you hiding behind the couch.
- October 15: Come up with a name for a Doctor Who-themed recipe.
- October 16: Bad Wolf something (legally and non-permanently.)
- October 17: Your favorite one-time companion?
- October 18: What’s your favorite song from the soundtrack?
- October 19: Name a Who-ism you use IRL.
- October 20: Cosplay time! Dress up as your favorite Doctor but only with things you can find in your closet.
- October 21: If you could go anywhere in Time and Space with the Doctor, where would it be?
- October 22: If you were the Doctor, what would your catchphrase be?
- October 23: Who is your otp?
- October 24: Name someone who you think is secretly from the Whoniverse.
- October 25: What’s your favorite story arc?
- October 26: Favorite quote or one-liner?
- October 27: Who is your favorite historical figure that appeared? Winston Churchill? Vincent van Gogh?
- October 28: Who would win a fight? A Weeping Angel or a Silence?
- October 29: Which Doctor had the best costume?
- October 30: Who is your favorite monster/villain?
- October 31: WHOlloween!!!!!
- November 01: Mods are asleep! Anything goes!
- November 02: If you could write an episode, what would it be about?
- November 03: Who’s been your favorite guest star?
- November 04: Which characters would make up your ideal Team TARDIS?
- November 05: If you were a Dalek what would you be called?
- November 06: Post the best Who gif you’ve ever seen (give credit to whoever made it.)
- November 07: Which TARDIS had the best interior (desktop theme)?
- November 08: Which character do you wish you could meet IRL and why?
- November 09: Plot twist: name a time you totally didn’t see that coming.
- November 10: Name an episode that gave you the feels. (Name the feels.)
- November 11: Eleven Eleven!
- November 12: What are your hopes for Twelve?
- November 13: What do you think is the weirdest thing the Doctor keeps in his bigger-on-the-inside pockets?
- November 14: What room on the TARDIS would you most like to visit? The library? The karaoke bar?
- November 15: If you could have your memory erased of any episode so you could watch it again like it was new, which episode would it be?
- November 16: Think of the last movie you saw. Would the main character be a good companion?
- November 17: What’s the best piece of DW merch that you own? Don’t own anything? What’s something that you wish you did?
- November 18: Name a minor character that you’d like to see return.
- November 19: Pick a companion that is no longer travelling with the Doctor. Where do you think they are now?
- November 20: How do you think the Eleventh Doctor will regenerate?
- November 21: What do you think will happen during the DW50th?
- November 22: Doctor Who?
Christopher Eccleston was my first Doctor. He went away all too quickly!
GUYS WHAT IF BUDAPEST IS LIKE TAHITI AND THAT’S WHY THEY REMEMBER IT DIFFERENTLY?
John Barrowman putting together and riding an adult Big Wheel.
Because he can.
Woah. Woah. Woah.
… adult big wheels are a thing?!
on the one hand, it’s important not to participate too totally in romantic idealizations of childhood, besides which you can’t go home again, those days are gone forever etc, besides which the inherent rewards of adulthood are considerable, etc
on the other hand, now when you hear “Picture Me Rollin’” playing way too loud in downtown Durham from a block away you’re gonna have to realize that that’s JD on his adult big wheel and he has brought the party once again
Great. Like I needed one more reason to love John Barrowman!
New Yorkers Aren’t Rude. You Are.
And I mean that title with the utmost of respect.
I’ve been a denizen of this fair[ly crappy] city my entire life, in one way or another. I spent some time in LA during college, but don’t worry, I got over it. The one thing, though, that I’ve consistently heard from around the US is that New York is a rude city.
This is, I feel, based on a fundamental misunderstanding of what this place is.
I love this. I lived in NY as a kid, and have lived in several other cities since. I’ve had friends in each of the cities I lived in ask why New Yorkers were “so mean” or “rude?” I never understood why they thought that. I’d rarely ever had a negative interaction growing up there or on any of my many trips back to visit. This write up was able to put into words what I never could as a child.